Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies? A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
Types of cookies
Depending on the owner of the cookie:
· Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
· Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the duration of the cookie:
· Session Cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
· Persistent Cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose of the cookie:
· Cookies of analysis: Are those that well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer you.
· Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the service requested on the basis of criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
· Cookies of behavioral advertising: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
It is also possible that by visiting a web page or by opening an email where an advertisement or promotion about our products or services is published, a cookie will be installed in your browser that will serve to show you later advertising related to the search you have made, develop a control of our ads in relation, for example, with the number of times they are seen, where they appear, at what time they are seen, etc.
· Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks
· Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.